To love or not to love?

Sunday, February 14, 2010 | |

http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_03_img0920.jpg


Ever since reading "Little Women" in college, I was always torn about the decision for Jo and Laurie to not end up together. Although Jo's character was always independent and carefree, I never imagined coming to the point in the book where she turned down Laurie. The chemistry between the two characters is undeniable and after all their bickering and what to me seemed like flirting, they only turned out to be friends. It makes me think about the men in my life who have become my friends. One in particular, who's mood and feelings toward me ruled my life. Now we consider each other friends but I can hardly see him in that light. Nor can I see him as a person of interest in my love life. It overwhelms me when I think about that situation because of all the promises and words that have been said between us. "Don't be a stranger" and the like... well, not that I'm counting, but it's been awhile since I've heard from him and I'm in no hurry to touch base with him first. My relationships with boys are just like Jo and Laurie... and the correlation makes me sad. On the surface it looks perfect, but underneath, it's not. But I guess that's life... and I think I should start respecting Jo's decision. After all, we can't all live in fantasy land....

0 comments: